Cucumbers are Our Food of the Week
FoodieGuru loves snacking on cucumbers because they are inexpensive, high in antioxidants and can improve the complexion and health of your skin!
Cucumbers are high in water content which gives them their cooling and refreshing effect to our body.
So what is the best way to enjoy this delicious vegetable?
- When shopping, look for the cucumber that is the greenest in colour
- Make sure you wash first with water
- Don’t peel the skin (saves time and its healthier)
- Don’t slice the cucumber into small round shapes, this makes them oxidise faster. Instead, just chew right in!
- One side of the cucumber contains higher antioxidant than the other: The side that is greener in shade, try not the slice the whole bulk of the end off, instead just slice the end tip slightly. You don’t want to waste the best bit!